Client: Dr Okon Akiba
Skill: Director/CEO of Rabboni Hospitals Ltd
Dr Okon Akiba Updated Profile
- Dr Okon Otu Akiba is a 2002 University of Aberdeen, Scotland certificated Occupational Health Physician. He obtained MBBS from the University of Maiduguri, Nigeria, in 1987. Came on board Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), in August 1991 as a senior Medical Officer. He worked in many locations and operations and at various capacities within and outside the NNPC.
- Dr Akiba received several on the job and formal certificated professional, management and leadership trainings from the NNPC ,both at home and overseas
- He was promoted Deputy Manager in 2006 and seconded to a Greenfield JV LNG Project, named OKLNG as Health Advisor in 2007. Became NNPC full Manager in 2010.
- Dr Akiba has garnered along the way very rich and diverse experience in Clinical Medicine and Occupational Health and Safety Practice, Management and Leadership by working in several locations of NNPC/IDSL Family Clinics and Seismic Crews, respectively. He had eight (8) years exposure to a Greenfield OKLNG Project, where he provided leadership in Health Management system conceptualization, development and planning as its Health services Manager from 2008 to 2015. While at OKLNG, he provided visible and strong leadership in occupational and environmental, Clinical, preventive ,promotional and Social health services to the OKLNG Project as evidenced in the risk based, cost effective and proactive health care schemes, programmes and services, provided at the various phases of the Project. At the OKLNG, he developed and deployed health management standards/guidelines and SOPs in line with the Shareholders and OGP standards and global OH&S best practices.
- Dr Akiba was re-deployed as Manager, Medical Services to NNPC Port Harcourt and Eastern zone operations in August 2015, with a mandate to transform and provide quality, delightful and cost effective medical services at the zone. This he was able to deliver through comprehensive gap analyses which were mainly on the need for proactive, visionary, passionate and professional leadership, staff motivation and positive alignment. Also there was the need to improve on infrastructural deficit and manage more patients in-house. These he was able to mitigate and manage with great ingenuity to a very appreciable and significant level , with the Medical zone now repositioned to deliver cost effective , professional, competitive and customer delightful health care services
- Professionally he is the current President, Society of Occupational &Environmental Health Physicians of Nigeria (SOEHPON), Country Secretary, International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH), Board member, African Regional Association of Occupational Health (ARAOH), Member , American College of Occupational & Environmental Medicine(ACOEM), National Secretary, SOEHPON (2010- 2014)
- He is a passionate, committed, diligent, energetic and conscientious professional, with adequate exposure and the needed technical, management and leadership skills to function at a much higher level, in and outside the NNPC.
- Dr Akiba retired statutorily from NNPC on September 1st 2016 and immediately assumed duty as the Medical Director/CEO of Rabboni Hospitals Ltd., which is located at 3rd Avenue, D Close ,House 14 ,Festac Town
- He was born on September 10, 1956 and hails from Okoyong , in Odukpani LGA of Cross River state. He holds double chieftaincy from his Okoyong Community. He is married to a practising Dentist and has three children